ceejay;171697 Wrote:
> Well the first page is the BeginnersGuide and it is meant to be just the
> headlines with shortcuts to the pages with more info.  The
> BeginnersGuideOverview goes into more detail and is intended to be
> readable in its own right.
>
> I did start to draft a paragraph to go in the Overview page but quickly
> formed the view that actually we need a page along the lines of
> BeginnersGuideToConnections, or similar, which could cover
>
> - what the analog and digital outputs are for and some of the
> advantages of each (this comes up quite a lot in the Forums)
>
> - connecting into a integrated audio amplifier
>
> - connecting directly to a power amplifier (xref to poweramp page)
>
> - connecting into an AV receiver (xref to AVReceivers page)
>
> - connecting to a DAC
>
> Then I'd have a short paragraph in the BeginnersGuideOverview page
> along the lines of
>
> "you need to conenct the outputs of your Squeezebox to the inputs of
> your audio amplifier in just the same way that you now would connect a
> CD player. There are several advanced options, however, which are
> discussed here....." (link to new page)
>
> Anyone feeling bold?
>
> Ceejay

Done, see here:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?BeginnersGuideToConnecting

I linked to it from the Beginner's Guide and the Beginner's Guide
overview.  I also created some subpages, some of which tread into
religious war territory, so I tried to be as neutral as possible.

I did not mention the Transporter or anything to do with the
inputs/outputs that only the Transporter has.  This it the beginner's
guide after all, and anyone buying a Transporter is no beginner.

--
Mark Lanctot

"It's like, you know, a New Age religion, but with better treble
response." - Jon Heal