On the other hand, I do not currently have an external DAC.  Count me in the
camp of people who intend to purchase a Transporter someday because of the
quality internal DAC, so I don't have to put money towards that.

On 1/22/07, tonyptony <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The Smokester;172817 Wrote:
> I already had an expensive DAC when I purchased the Squeezebox v3. It
> sounds great. Now I have discovered "Studio Master" downloads which are
> sampled at 24 bit, 88 kHz and beyond. The SB only samples up to 48 kHz
> so I end up downsampling. (Still sounds even better.)
>
> To get sampling to 96 kHz I would need to buy a TP when all I really
> need is the display and digital out with ultra-low jitter. Don't care
> about the analog side at all since I am supplying my own DAC.
>
> Don't know if I'm the only one who needs just this or is there a real
> market for such a device?

Smokester, I'm with you. I already have a multi-megabuck DAC. If
Slimdevices could design the absolute best digital server they could
(including the PS!) that would be a perfect fit. I suspect also it
would be the same for many audiophiles.

--
tonyptony