USAudio;172714 Wrote:
> Just finished reading a review of the Transporter in Stereophile
> magazine and the article reinforced something I (and I'm sure many
> others) have been thinking about for sometime.  Slim Devices needs a
> player that fits somewhere between the SqueezeBox and Transporter.

The Transporter is pure masturbation on the part of Slim Devices, and a
completely unnecessary product.  "Logitech" doesn't make high-end stereo
componentry!

I could see a $599 "Audiophile Grade" product with upgraded DACs (e.g.,
Dual Wolfsons) and a "class A" output stage.  Something to compete with
the Arcam CD73, Rotel RCD-1072, Rega Apollo, and other "entry level"
audiophile CD players.  This was Slim's chance to impact music
listening behaviors in a fairly significant way, but overshot with the
Transporter.  Can't imagine much money is being made here, if even
helping Slim break even.

--
FatElvis2000