Without trying to design the next generation SB4 (which I'd expect would
be similar or lower in price compared to the SB3) and without actually
_adding_ to the features (which is the wrong direction if you wish to
lower the Transporter cost) my suggestion would be:

- Transporter quality electronics and internal power supply

- Single display

- No knob or other buttons

- (possibly) Lose the balanced outputs and perhaps some or all of the
digital input connections

- Simple, but nicely finished all steel case with aluminum front bezel

That should easily be doable for $800 to $1000.  My feeling is that the
Transporter's $2000 price tag was somewhat arbitrary, although I realize
that it pays for the R&D and production startup costs that can be quite
high for a small company.  This is true of pricing on most boutique
audio gear.

--
JJZolx

Jim