P Floding;173295 Wrote:

> You are right about preconceptions. But, although I phrased it poorly,
> I really meant that a negative result from an A/B with someone who
> doesn't expect to find anything is pretty much useless. If, instead,
> you do indeed find a difference (don't forget to REMOVE the SMPS from
> the outlet) under ABX then I'd say you do have a result.

Tails you win, heads I lose, apparently.  I really don't think a little
knowledge of physics and audio is going to deafen me.

> Regarding contacts: What goes on _before_ the power supply is one
> thing, and what goes on between the power supply and the SB something
> else entirely.

Why?

This is a DC power supply - the only thing an extra connecter can do is
put a tiny bit of extra resistance in series with the SB, which
increases the load on the PS by a very small amount.  If the SB draws
around 1A (the PS is rated for 2.4A), it looks to the PS like a 5 Ohm
load.  The connecter could increase the resistance by a small fraction
of an Ohm (I'll check it when it arrives), thus incrementally
increasing the load to a point still far below the capacity of the PS.
Fluctuations in the current demand of the SB will be much larger than
this, as will fluctuations in the output of the PS due to AC voltage
variations throughout the day, or due to bad connections in your walls,
etc.

--
opaqueice