Interesting point...

I can't stand bad music. No, I don't want to start a debate about
taste, but we all know of some music that isn't worth a single bit on
your hard drive (some talent shows spring to mind).

However, good music on a bad system doesn't do the trick either. On the
airport, I saw some people listen to music out of the loudspeaker of
their mobile phone.... I don't know what they enjoyed more: the music
or the fact that they could show off that their mobile could play it
:)

I don't have a typical audiophile system. I have a reasonable amp, with
reasonable speakers. Above average, I would like to think, but not
"audiophile" equipment. The Squeezebox is the best piece of equipment
in my stack (not just for the audio, it is a great machine all round!)

--
matthijskoopmans