PhilNYC;177624 Wrote:
> what about the idea that we also "hear" via "bone conduction" as well?

<doh!> Yes, of course, very true.  (It's the reason why our own voice
sounds different on tape than it does in our head.)

Which would be very, very tricky to replicate with speakers.  It's easy
enough for bass frequencies with appropriately-sized drivers I would
think, but to replicate it accurately through the entire range of
frequencies would likely be quite difficult.

Does bone conduction operate only in the bass region or are there
higher frequencies, including resonant harmonics?  That would be very
tricky to duplicate.

--
Mark Lanctot

"It's like, you know, a New Age religion, but with better treble
response." - Jon Heal