opaqueice;179095 Wrote:
> No offense, but have you tried that blind?  It's very easy - just
> download foobar2000 and the ABXY plugin.  Subjective impressions of
> these things are simply not reliable - try it and you'll see for
> yourself.
>
> Anyway, it may be possible to distinguish on a good system - I
> conducted my tests using a cheap computer soundcard (which was probably
> adequate since I deciding what format to use with my ipod).

The differences are obvious on my system (Squeezebox 3, CIAudio VDA-2
w/VAC-1 power supply, Simaudio I-5, JM Reynaud Twin Signatures).

I know all about the placebo effect and DBT etc...  I have had many
experiences where I should have heard a positive difference (placebo
effect according to naysayers) but did not.  I have bought newer, more
expensive products in an attempt to improve the sound only to prefer
the ones I already had.  So much for the placebo effect.

Adam.

Adam.

--
SatoriGFX