95bcwh;179536 Wrote:

> Not that any of these opinions are useful. In fact, I keep reminding
> people that, opinons are fun to read, and that's where it stops.
> There's no such thing as "reliable listening test" except your own
> ears. If you're going to base any purchase decision based on reading
> the opinions of the others, I'm afraid you're driving on the wrong
> lane.

By reliable I meant controlled for bias, i.e. blind.  My attitude is,
if several people (or one person with fine hearing and a good system)
can't distinguish between two sources - forget it.  After all anyone
can differentiate between two sources a few dB of volume apart with no
difficulty at all - so why stress over something which is impossible to
distinguish even when carefully A/B-ed?

I'm not saying this is the case with the TP versus SB, but it's been
proven to be the case with megabuck CD transports versus very cheap
ones, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.  Maybe someday I'll buy a TP
and try it myself.

--
opaqueice