I don't own the Tact, but I do use the SB2 in conjunction with a DEQX
unit, and I previously used a Behringer DEQ2496.

My sense is that the ability to do room correction will dramatically
outweigh the subtle changes you get from the difference in the DAC, or
even a different amp.

Having control over the frequency response of your speakers is a truly
awesome ability.  And there is simply no doubt about how substantial
the difference is - you can A/B it, and it is amazingly dramatic.
Forget about a blind test, it would be totally unnecessary.

By contrast, a lot of people would be hard-pressed to tell the
difference between the DACs (and I'm guessing, the amps, depending on
exactly what changes you're making).

--
Mike Anderson

'FREE RADICAL