sonofcolin;180663 Wrote:
> Bel Canto e.one DAC3 is a very impressive DAC to my ears (but not
> cheap). I use it with USB from itunes/powerbook and SB3 (Bolder mod)
> and is by far the best digital I have ever heard in my system.

I have the Bel Canto DAC 2 which sounds good with my unmodded SB3
until, that is I compare with my Audio Synthesis CD Transport through
same.   With the CD transport while the sound very similar the CD
transport is somehow less coarse in midrange (Piano, Vocals, Guitar
etc) and gives the music more space and better soundstaging.  Since the
audio synthesis uses its own modified SP/Dif output to presumably clean
up the clocking and reduce jitter I suspect that this is the key
difference so logically would expect the Boulder or SB+ to be more like
the CD transport.

--
adrianh1960