bobschneider;181556 Wrote:
> Thanks.  The album I'm using is Vivaldi by La Serenissima.  I checked
> the WMA file in Windows Media Player, and Properties says it's an 88kHz
> file.  So it looks like I got this right.
>
> Still quite a pain to have to do two conversions to get the file to
> play on my SB3, even if each conversion is lossless.

Thanks for clearifying.

Indeed it is a pain and should work straight away with slimserver using
wmadec, IMVHO: :)

bobschneider;181556 Wrote:

> I should be receiving a DAC that's capable of up to 96kHz (a Lite
> DAC-60) in the next couple of days.  When I get a chance, I'll check to
> see if the SB3 can pass an 88kHz signal to it, using either WAV or FLAC
> files.

I though'd I already checked but realize I just confirmed wmadec just
converted it to 44 kHz. I'll convert one of the 88 kHz files using your
2-step method and try right away.

That said, SB3 is not supposed to support anything more than 48 kHz
according to documentation. We'll see in a while.

Cheers,
/Johan

--
johann