P Floding;182216 Wrote:
> Yes, it's that silly "loudness race"!
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war
>
> P.S: Check out the wav clips of "One of Us" and the pathetic result
> after adjusting the new version using replay gain, compared to the
> original version.

Wow, it also says about HDCD: "When played back on a normal CD player
the sound will be compressed and "loud". When played back on a CD
player equipped with HDCD decoding, a dynamic range expander is brought
into play, reversing the compression applied at mastering."

Which means I'm better to avoid HDCD CDs altogether unless I have
HDCD-enabled player!

What happens when I rip HDCD disk? Am I getting HDCD info, or just the
base comressed recording?

--
325xi

simaudio nova cdp >> simaudio moon i-5 >> revel performa m20 via
acoustic zen matrix reference ii and acoustic zen satori

-planned additions:... >> deq2496 >> lavry da-10 >>...-