Pat Farrell;184288 Wrote:
> 325xi wrote:
> > Eric mentioned that
> > consumer Toslink does have higher jitter,
> [snip]
>
> > I've already said what I think about inaudibility assumptions. I'm
> > somewhat concerned with that massive feedbacks that people don't
> like
> > Toslink, we may define it BS, but I'm not sure those complains are
> > totally baseless...
>
> I can detect zero different when my SqueezeBox was feeding my Benchmark
>
> DAC-1.
>
> I believe the bad reputation is more caused by the fact that consumer
> Toslink is designed and used in consumer products. Quality is not the
> driver in that market, price and features are.
>

> --
> Pat
> http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html

Isn't the Benchmark DAC1 supposed to reject all jitter due to
propritary (correct!?) use of its ASRC? Unfortunately my TacT 2.2x uses
the same ASRC but in a different mode which won't reject jitter very
well.

--
P Floding

No, I didn't ABX it. And I won't even if you ask me. (Especially not if
you ask me.)