Robin Bowes;184814 Wrote:

> However, because SPDIF is transmitted over an analogue path, the
> signal
> received does *not* have square edges so it is possible that the clock
> signal extracted from the stream is not 100% accurate.
> R.

i have not claimed the extracted signal is always accurate, or that
errors aren't possible. but the fact the encoded signal is digital
makes it more resilient, it's one of the whole friggin' advantages of
digital data, foe heavens sake. that's telecom 101. that and nothing
else has been my point.

since the analog signal quality can vary more without affecting the
data integrity an ounce, as would be the case with a total analog
transmission. that is and has been my point.

and not sure where you heard me claim the analog signal has or is
supposed to have square edges. and if you're trying to claim you need a
perfectly clean signal to extract clocking information... well, really.
time's too precious.

arrogance blends more credibly without blatant reading comprehension
issues.

--
pablolie