OK, people - now, after everybody finally believed in jitter existence,
can we return to the original subject? :)

To summarise the overwhelming response - Toslink works according to
specification, which no inherent production flaws, so there's no reason
to avoid it, or even better, use coax only when Toslink isn't available.
I didn't miss anything, right?

Now the next step. Few mentioned here that quality of optical connector
can cause problems. Any advise of how to discern a good quality optical
cable from something with cheap flaky connectors? Is it a matter of
particular brands, or whatever else? I presume I can't evaluate quality
just by looking at the cable or its price tag, right?

--
325xi