opaqueice;185842 Wrote:
> You're just not getting it - this has nothing to do with the server.
> Decoding is done on the SB's CPU when you stream FLAC, and the claim
> was that the increased load on the *CPU of the squeezebox* was
> responsible for the worse sound.

That doesn't make sense. If the SB CPU couldn't keep up, drop-outs
would be the effect, not ever so slightly and subtly affected audio
quality of the "room resolution" type. Besides, wasn't this about wired
versus wireless?

opaqueice;185842 Wrote:
> Well, I'm personally of the opinion that all reasonably well-engineered
> digital sources sound the same, and the rest sound worse.

Yeah, and it just so happens you are the sole authority when it comes
to bestowing the "reasonably well engineered" award, your posting
history betrays your supposed lack of bias sufficiently.

--
pablolie