Ben Diss;186391 Wrote:
> If it's such a piece of crap, why does it sound so good?
Having read the thread on DIYHifi forum, I don't think anyone is saying
it's a "piece of crap". Just that it doesn't work the way that Lavry
claims.
Phil Leigh;186424 Wrote:
> Probably because:
> 1) It is perfectly possible to design a switching PSU that outperforms
> a linear one (see Linn and Chord for examples)
Yes, but one of the points made in that thread was that the switching
PSU inside the DA10 is a cheap off-the-shelf one, and it has stacks of
noise on the power rails.

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?