parrydave;186517 Wrote:

> Sorry, I missed your kind offer of the SuperReg board.  If you still
> have it, i could definitely put it to good use.  I'm in UK though.
I'm afraid that would mostly just be doing the postal service a favor,
by shipping it back across. I only got 4, and plan to use three on Sb-
so will have to leave the offer open to Gary or someone else in the US
I'm afraid.

They are reasonably priced though: http://www.at-view.co.uk/alwsr.htm

> I found something interesting over on AudioCircle.com about the origins
> of 3.3Vdd for SB2...
>
> "Apparently, the 3.3Vdd for the DAC is not coming from a separate
> regulator off the 14Vdc rails, but is coming off the switching
> regulator (the 1st regulator shown in the above diagram) which is also
> powering a slew of other stuff. Moving it to the linear regulator
> powering the headphone amp, assuming it is of sufficient quality and
> quantity, might be a good idea."

There were some changes I asked sean about in the second post that I
linked to earlier, to which he responded

seanadams Wrote:

> As far as the power supply changes from SB2 to SB3, this was a design
> optimization where a integrated dual switching IC for 1v2/3v3 supply
> was replaced with a 1v2 switcher and a 3v3 linear reg for the digital
> sections. It does not affect the analog rails.

But I'm not sure if Vdd is considered analog or digital.

For what it's worth, you should take anything I say about so and so
being connected w/ a grain of salt, if I haven't already demonstrated a
lack of experience :)

--
Skunk