Thank you for your detailed help. I had not really considered all that a
Squeezebox could do. However, the only things that are important to me
at this time -- however that may change -- is the ability to use the
files on my Mac Mini with my stereo system AND to be able to access my
playlists, etc.

Also, of course, it is manditory to be able to quickly and easily grow
into a better stand alone DAC system. Both of my mentioned options do
both of these things.

There is one plus for the SQ and one negative for the SQ as well. The
plus is seeing the song display. I think that's pretty big. The
negative is not being able to play iTunes purchased music. Now, I've
never purchased anything on iTunes because I don't like 128K MP3 files.
But someday that could change and iTunes will offer Lossless files.
Then, maybe I would purchase some music from iTunes.

I'm leeeeeeeaning toward the Squeezebox as my starting point.

Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it.

--
creativepart