smarjan;189754 Wrote:
> Azinck3, could you please expand that line a bit more? I am still
> exploring SB...

Slimserver is a server application that runs on your computer and does
2 things, primarily:

1) serve music/data to hardware players like the SB or transporter and
software players like softsqueeze or media player (via mp3 stream)

2) Gives you centralized control/browsing/search for all your music and
all your players via a web interface.

While slimserver has many other capabilities, those are the two things
its primarily designed to accomplish.  This is nice because all of your
music is in one place, in one database, and control of all playback
devices is unified.  From any computer in the world with a web browser
and internet connectivity I can browse and listen to all of my music
and control any of my squeezeboxes (I have 4).   Another cool thing:  I
have a couple of friends with squeezeboxes and when I'm at their houses
sometimes we want to listen to my collection and all it takes is
pointing their SB's at my server.

Slimserver and softsqueeze are a free download--I'd recommend you give
them a try to get familiar with the paradigm.

--
azinck3