You are correct.  there is no electrical difference and certainly no
audible difference to be found via bi-wiring speakers.  Because the
source is still identical, you are sending exactly the same signal to
both sets of binding posts.

The double set of posts are actually there to satisfy those audiophiles
who believe that bi-amping will improve sound.  I personally don't give
much credit to that method either.  (Using a separate amp in your
receiver for each set of posts.)

Unless you get very complex with separates and pre-amp crossovers and
such, you will still end up with the same signal at each set of posts.
The crossover in the speakers is still the one doing all the work to
separate the highs and lows between the drivers.

Some will argue against me but tests performed in independent labs like
the Canadian National Research Center, never pick up an audible
difference.

Sorry if I sound sound blatant.  If you were here in front of me, I'd
be saying this in good humor. No sarcasm intended.

--
Murph