cliveb;194546 Wrote:
> I respectfully disagree. If an LP master was used to cut a CD, it would
> sound far too bright, because of the treble boost that is added.

No need to be respectful, I was wrong.  Just say it ;)  Perhaps it
would be more accurate to that that if CDs were mastered like DVD-Audio
or SACDs, they may sound just as good (or at least we'd finally be able
to prove one way or the other!)

I think that regarding the general theme, however, we're in agreement.
Someone who prefers vinyl may actually be preferring quality mastering.
Nothing about vinyl is inherently better.

--
CatBus