Actually, using a portable AM radio to spot RFI sources is well
documented. It is the simplest way to determine this type of
interference. I think your comments about AM listening preferences came
a little heavy handed. No one is talking about using the radio for
entertainment purposes.

The consensus is that any RFI causing interruption of AM reception will
most likely affect the low level audio circuits. The audibility of this
will depend on the quality of your playback equipment and your own
ears. I particularly don't take any chances with this.

--
crooner

Customized dual chassis "Super Squeezebox"
EAD DSP-7000 MKIII DAC with HDCD
VPI Scout with Benz Micro Glider M2
Audio Research PH3, SP16L and VS110
Vandersteen 2Ce signatures, 2W subwoofer.