tyler_durden;197708 Wrote:
> Consensus among whom?  I certainly don't agree with this.  Yes, it is a
> possibility, but it is easily tested, and has been tested found not to
> be an issue with the SB3 and its stock PS.  The SB3 has a relatively
> high powered radio transmitter in the SB3, as well as an internal
> switching supply to provide HV for the display.  If you think a little
> 6W switching power supply located 6' away from the SB3 is going to muck
> things up worse than the internal switcher and radio transmitter, you
> have a very poorly developed sense of proportion.
>

> A large amount of noise on the DC output would be easily visible on an
> oscilloscope.  I'll hook my scope up and try to take a picture and post
> it.
>
> As I stated before, a 6W power supply can't possibly put a large amount
> of noise anywhere.  It barely puts out a "large amount" of DC power!
> And yes, the amount of EMI possible IS a function of the capacity of
> the power supply.  A very high power supply is likely to radiate more
> than a wimpy little 6W power supply.
>

> High frequency noise (if there was any) is easily filtered by small
> capacitors and ferrite beads, and even by the inductance of the power
> cable leading to the SB3.
>
> While we're speculating about possible ways to muck up the sound, what
> do you guys use to protect against meteorites?  One of those might
> REALLY screw up the sound!
>
> TD

This is so off the mark I don't know where to start. A tiny neon bulb
at the end of its life acts as a fantastically good RF transmitter.
It's consuming almost no power but broadcasting RF rubbish which can
interfere with TV, Radio etc.
Obviously you must be lucky enough to have your gear inside a Faraday
cage...(not).

--
Phil Leigh