Lessons about DRM we can learn about the Squeezebox:

- if DRM were universal, small start-ups like Slim Devices would have a
major obstacle to overcome in getting hold of the keys (hardware,
software, licences... whatever) to play music at all. Therefore, it's
highly unlikely we'd even HAVE a Squeezebox.

- People like the ability to listen to music on multiple devices,
distributed across a network, without having to fuss over where the CD
(or the SIM card, or whatever) is.

- Album art, lyrics and so on, may be nice to have, but are largely
irrelevant. It's the music that counts.

- Same goes for audio quality better than 44.1k/16 bit. Nice to have,
but totally irrelevant to most people.

I honestly struggle to see why anybody outside of the music industry
would think DRM is a good thing. The ONLY thing it does is PREVENT
music from being played.

--
AndyC_772