Pale Blue Ego;199348 Wrote:
> This argument is really misguided.  I'll go ahead and once more explain
> that if I steal a car, the owner no longer has it.  If I make a copy of
> a song without paying, the copyright owner still has it, the person who
> I got the copy from still has it, etc.

Thats an extremely simplistic and incorrect way of thinking about it.
If I spend 10 years of my life developing a therapeutic molecule or
drug, only to have someone reverse engineer it, manufacture it, and
make money off it, while I received nothing (even if the original
recipe is still in my hands) - it most certainly is no different than
stealing, and should be treated as a crime. And similarly it is no
different for artists and their creations.

--
Nikhil