opaqueice;199856 Wrote:
> You heard distortion at -120 dB - very interesting.  Under what
> circumstances, may I ask?
>
> Let me point out that the absolute threshold of human hearing, by a
> 20-year-old in the most sensitive range, is 3 or 4 dB SPL.  Therefore
> to make any noise - let alone distortion - be audible at that level
> you'd be listening at around 125 dB.  Ouch.

I hear differences between them when I listen to music through them.
What exactly those differences are down to, I can't say for certain.
But on the other hand, I am sure that you need to re-calibrate your
theories with a touch of reality.

(BTW, doesn't your 'theory' above make a nonsense of all the precise
volume matching normally advocated in DBT?  A couple of 2dbs here and
there would obviously make no difference at all ...)

--
Patrick Dixon

www.at-tunes.co.uk