Sure I'm bothered... it means I have to spend all of two minutes typing
in the names of the tracks when I buy a new CD.

This is totally unreasonable, of course. My time is precious. Clearly
it would be better for me to simply throw away my Squeezebox, my USB
DAC/headphone amp, CD players, PDA, laptop and car stereo, and replace
them with new ones that can read the officially sanctioned record
company tags that I can't even correct if they are wrong.

Not that they'd EVER be wrong, of course, nor would they ever present
information in a format that was inconsistent with my preferences (or
the rest of my collection). Oh, no. They'd always be perfect, and
undeniably worth the cost of all that new equipment.

--
AndyC_772