> such a thing is very possible despite all the knuckle headed denials.

Please: if you want to carry on a discussion, stop throwing insults at
us and actually address some of the points that have been made. Just
because many of us disagree with you doesn't mean we're thick.

willyhoops;200923 Wrote:
> There is a famous and obvious solution to this... Microsoft pays a % of
> the sale price on every Zune to the record companies to compensate for
> piracy. Apple was asked to do the same but refused. Indeed it's a tall
> order for manufactureres to do it voluntarily and quite an effort to
> enforce across the world via taxation.

Too right they refused. If there's any money changing hands here, it
should be FROM the record companies TO the manufacturers of such
devices, to compensate them for the very real, measurable expense they
incur building DRM technology into each and every player, regardless of
whether the end user actually wants, needs or uses it.

--
AndyC_772