Phil Leigh;204927 Wrote:
> The thing is, if you are using live music in a hall as a reference then
> you need to factor in the acoustics of that hall. It will NOT be flat!.

I agree Phil. I should probably have clarified my statement. My long
term exposure to live music is something I use to judge the fundamental
tonal balance and correctness of reproduced sound, and less so the sense
of space. For example, with the normal_direct correction values I
initially used, cellos suddenly sounded more like violas, and violas
more like violins. Instruments that I have heard many many times just
did not have the right tonal balance.

Phil Leigh;204927 Wrote:
> I do not believe that you can accurately recreate the acoustic space of
> a large hall with any audio system. The simple physics is against you
> (wavelengths etc). A good approximation might be possible.
> Regards
> Phil

No disagreement there!

--