Hi, I've just ordered a SB3 and intend to copy my favourite CD's to my
PC so that I can stream them to my hifi. If I'm happy with the results
then it means my Naim CDX2 CDP should end up doing a little less work!

What I don't want to do is copy say a hundred CD's and then discover
that I could have done it better for optimum audio quality. So I could
do with some advice...

I currently use itunes to feed my ipod and have imported my CD's as
320kbps MP3's. However, it looks like Apple Lossless would be the best
way to go for streaming to my hifi. So, would you recommend
re-importing into itunes using Apple Lossless, or (given that I'm going
to have to import my CD collection again anyway) would you suggest
looking at using different software? I notice that a lot of people seem
to prefer EAC, which I think offers FLAC.

Also, do you audiophiles out there with ipods store two copies of each
CD, one in lossless for your hifi and one in a lossy format for your
ipod?

--
david68