I agree that FF/RW isn't quite as smooth as a CD player and you have to
have a native format going to squeezebox. But the overloaded buttons is
at least half the issue that folks are complaining about. I actually
expected the bumpy behavior of FF to be worse and thought it was quite
good (getting to it was pretty sad though).

FF/RW works fine for me once I seperated the functions from skip next
prev which allowed meto remove the hold function which it really
clumsy.

Some folks can master the timing with the overloaded buttons other
can't. But if when you can with the hold feature it's a very slow
operation to loop through the speeds and it doesn't have to be that
way.

--
mswlogo

Thinkpad XP SS > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF-COAX > Meridian 861V4 (Trifield,
Room corrected, Upsampled) > DSP5500 Mains, DSP5500HC Center, DSP33
Rears