seanadams;212683 Wrote:
> I agree, but the fact that is does not work the same as a CD player has
> been the overwhelming complaint WRT scanning. That is the point I was
> trying to answer, and in particular, why it is silly to assert that it
> should be a trivial feature on the basis that a 20-yr old product can
> do it. Please read the original comment I quoted. If you want to have a
> discussion about a different mechanism that does not have audible
> feedback like a CD player, then I think that would be an excellent new
> direction to explore.

People who think that it should work like a CD player should just get
over it.  We just need a solution to move around songs easily.  Any
reasonable solution is probably ok.

seanadams;212683 Wrote:
> Interesting - can you explain? Are you saying
>
> a) network streaming is a useless technology, because it makes scanning
> difficult. Instead of making a network streamer, Slim Devices should
> have used an internal hard drive or something, and perhaps only
> supported WAV files.
>
> b) scanning is not really difficult to implement in a network streamer
> (if that is what you're saying, please tell me how you would do it).
>
> c) something else?

I'm not going to respond to this snide stuff.  Point is that you are
arguing from where the product is.  If you wanted to, you could have
designed it day one to support it.  Perhaps that would involved more
complex buffering and memory required to do it...and maybe GE instead
of 10/100.  But, you chose not to and now the product has a deficiency.
If I knew how to code it myself, I would have built the product myself
and wouldn't be on this forum now would I?

I mean no offense Sean - you've built an awesome product.  But, it has
an unfortunate flaw that does drive me crazy...apparently there are
others too.

--
thomsens