aberdeencomponents;214100 Wrote:
> My posts are made from actually testing. I do not flap out of my rear
> end, like some others.

I've heard of this measurement of residual AC voltage and that makes
sense.  This has nothing to do with transformer dots though.  The dot
convention is just as I mentioned before.  It relates to the algebraic
sign of the mutual inductance terms relative to the self inductance
terms when the equations are written out.  Or measurement-wise, the
relative polarity of the AC voltage of the coupled coil to the driven
one.

I agree that reversing the primary wires may reduce the residual AC
voltage in some cases.

--
andy_c