andy_c;214085 Wrote:
> The transformer dot notation has nothing to do with any sort of
> *absolute* attribute of any given coil of a transformer.  It only
> serves to specify the algebraic sign of the coupling *between* coils.
> If I take a transformer symbol and swap the positions of all the dots
> at once, that transformer with the swapped dots is electrically
> equivalent to the original.
>
> The entire "start of the winding" and "end of the winding" concept is
> nonsense.

Andy,

When you experiment yourself, then talk.

If you have the test gear I Own or have access too,
and spend the amount of time testing products lie I do, then talk.

Already Sean backed down on a private email, when I was ready to
discuss the subject in question.

My posts are made from actually testing. I do not flap out of my rear
end, like some others.

AP

--
aberdeencomponents