tyler_durden;214127 Wrote:
> I think that your average, golden-eared audiophile is just like the guy
> who spends vast sums on wine because he can taste a difference.

Interesting observation, epsecially as I tend toward being a bit of an
oenophile (though not a true audiophile at all).  When I first started
wine tasting, I tried very hard to develop my ability to detect
"raspberry" vs. "blackberry" in the wine and other subtleties that are
perceptual.  I also liked to use a lot of the rather pompous vocabulary
you find aroudn wine snobs.

Then, when I actually *learned* about wine from a really talented
winemaker, I discovered that the perfect vocabulary for wine tasting is
this: "I like this wine" or "I don't like this wine".  Because, in the
end, my tastes are NOT the same as anyone else's so trying to convince
them my taste/smell/brain combination is more correct than theirs is
equivalent to trying to teach pigs to sing.

-=> Jim

--
JimC