-opaqueice

Hi!

I have installed Audacity & audiodiffmaker today and started some
testing.

My Laptop only have a Mono-Mic in, so a tested on my "Slimserver PC"

I wanted to learn & Test Audacity and audiodiffmaker before i began
testing on the SB3 & DAC.

I connected my NAD CD player to the line in on the Soundcard.
Started testing with a Music Audio CD.

But i always get a audible "difference wave" (A-B) how matter i do.

I have tripple checked all settings Line in levels etc, and i start
recording as careful i can be.
(Same start point pressing "rec" in the programs and "Play" on the CD
player.

But i end up with the "same" diff file how matter i do.

I tried to record both from audiodiffmaker and Audacity but the same
result.

The diff file is almost quiet but i can hear the track/song very very
very weak.
(I can follow & recognize the song easy)

And i pickup "much" interference from the PC, Fan noise etc.

I tried the SB3 analog output for a test run but there is the same
"strange" diff file there to.

I think i need som better soundcard that is 100% quiet and have a
S/PDIF in for this test?

But why this diff file ? i shall be quiet? i don´t change anything
during the A and B recordings.

And this test must be quiet "during tuning", otherwise it´s useless to
go on with this.

Do you have some tips regarding this?

Best Regards!

/Mats :-)