Pinball Wizard;219714 Wrote:
> Can anyone here chime in on just what kind of difference/similarity in
> sound one might experience listening to FLAC's on a STOCK squeezebox 3,
> versus say a mid-level cd player such as the Cambridge 640c?  That cd
> player costs $600, whereas the SB3 in stock form is only $300.  Of
> course then there are the various mods and upgrades for the SB3 and its
> power supply through Bolder that can easily increase the total cost of
> the SB3 to $800 or more.  But for now I'm more concerned with the stock
> version, and how that would stack up against something like the
> Cambridge, which has dual Wolfson DAC's and all around beefier
> construction and parts.  Would there be a world of difference between
> the two?

For starters SS presents bit perfect data to the SB3 which in my
opinion eliminates the possibility of mechanical error introduced by
ANY player.

Advantage - Slimserver/Squeezebox.

.

--
haunyack

Transporter -> B&K Reference 200.2 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.
(Listening room)
RWA (Analog) SB3 -> Rotel RB 1070 -> B&W Matrix 805. (Bedroom)
Fridgidare -> Mirror Pond pale ale -> easy chair w/remote -> irritated
neighbors.