DCtoDaylight;220634 Wrote:
> Now this is a -good- question!  Sorry but I have no good answer...   Are
> there any published studies out there we can use for reference?
Eric Benjamin and Benjamin Gannon, "Theoretical and Audible Effects of
Jitter on Digital Audio Quality", Pre-print 4826 of the 105th AES
Convention, San Francisco, September 1998. This paper concluded that
the threshold of audibility of jitter on normal music signals is around
20nS (that's 20,000pS - rather more than 71pS :-)

Chinanico;221097 Wrote:
> But today I decided to register and psot a comment: look at the price of
> this reclocker, plus the SB3, you almost get a Transporter with already
> better jitter figure, and if I am not wrong a world clock input...
> what's the point of this reclocker?
The point of this reclocker is the same as everything else sold by
Empirical Audio: to part credulous audiophiles from their money (in
large chunks preferably).

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A