Phil Leigh;221486 Wrote:
> The "too bright" sound won't be an issue with your current soundcard -
> the fact that it is resampling 48-44.1 won't make that much difference
> in this context.

I agree, but it could be caused by a non lineair f-response of my cheap
soundcard, so buying a better card might still be a good idea..

Phil Leigh;221486 Wrote:

> You may want to aim for a curve that rolls off gently above 15kHz or so
> - most long-term users of DRC prefer a gently rolled-off top end
> response to a flat one...

I know, I was already using a curve that rolls off 8 dB at 20 kHz :P
Still too bright..

Phil Leigh;221486 Wrote:

> Alternatively, if possible tell the DRC to ignore high frequencies. I
> don't know if the Inguz s/w supports this?
I already asked and Inguz said his convolver does not support this.
Instead he has the flatness control option, but that also destroys my
well-corrected low-frequency response..

Life ain't easy ;-)

--
tingtong5