Bjorn - I think I see...my point stands - which is that provided the
SPDIF logic-level signal is high enough to reliably "lock" the DAC
that's all that really matters. The level of analogue signal coming out
of the DAC is set by the one's and zeroes.

The Behringer should be fine with 0.5v pk-pk over coaxial SPDIF.

Pretty much all other digital gear is!

If not, that is a fault with the Behringer. I would argue that their
SPDIF receiver interface is out of specification.

I've used lots of Behringer gear over the years and it's been of
variable quality - but always good value for money.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)