The other day, for the first time, I connected my Grado RS-1 to the
SB3's headphone jack, and my oh my. Quite a letdown compared to the
little box's other qualities, I thought.

So what would be the best way to work around it? Probably a headphone
amp. The problem being that for this particular config I am using the
RCA analog for direct connection to the Audio Engine 5. Hm. There are
cables that plug into an RCA connector offering 2 female jacks... but
it would seem an undesirablke thing to do. Are there headphone amps
driven off digital with built in DA?

Not sure what to do...

--
pablolie