Another option is using an Airport Express ($99).

For Apple lossless:
itunes - Apple lossless – G5 - wirelessly via AirTunes to an AirPort
Express-- optical out to DAC (thinking about the Stello DA220 Mk2). DAC
to amp.

For FLAC:
VLC- FLAC - G5 - wirelessly via Rogue Ameoba Airfoil to an AirPort
Express-- optical out to DAC (thinking about the Stello DA220 Mk2). DAC
to amp.

(VLC is a Mac shareware media player.  Airfoil is the equivalent of
AirTunes but allows you to capture the audio out from any
application).

You also need a special optical cable (mini-Toslink to Toslink).  I
once tested this setup by playing DTS files wirelessly from my Mac to
the AirPort connected to a surround processor.  They decoded fine,
indicating that this is a bit-perfect solution (volume at 100% and all
the equalizer, etc. off).

I used the above setup until I got my first SB2.  Audio quality debates
aside, I like having a display next to my preamp, and the flexibility of
having both a remote and a web interface if I am at my computer.  I have
my collection entirely in FLAC.

Just to fan the flames more, what about getting a Transporter instead
of the Stello DAC?   The Transporter has a wonderful DAC -- as good or
better than the one in my Bryston 25DA preamp.  (The Transporter also
has a 30 day return period -- maybe worth trying?)

--
muski

SB3->Bryston BP25DA->Bryston 4B SST->Wilson Watt Puppy 7
Transporter via XLR->Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp->Balanced
AKG701s & HD650s