darrenyeats;227583 Wrote:
> So I would say blind-tests and measurements have great potential for
> removing unnecessary angst. If you're the obsessive type - and because
> you're here, you might be ;-) - at least they prevent some (!) worries
> from spoiling the music. It's a good thing IMO.
> Darren

Well..more than 12 years back I had a NAD CD player connected via
generic toslink cable. Today, I have 2 or 3 glass toslinks and 2 or 3
eletrical digital cables costing $100-$200. First, i thougth digital is
digital..never understood jitter..when I tried a good digital cable, I
was taken aback by the difference..I read about jitter and understood
it..The attitude should be I will buy equipment only if it makes a
difference to me (for the better) , in my system. Let the snobbish
flaunt their equipment..
I am now running a $200 Panny digital amplifier receiver !!! my
speakers are Silverline Sonatinas and my SB3 is Bolder digital modded.
Some power cords or speaker cables I have cost more than my amp !! Its
weird ..I am not going to buy an audiophile amp again ..till it beats
my Panny.

--
SoftwireEngineer