muski;227721 Wrote:
> Octave success... Phase Response at 5ms.  Guess this is why things sound
> so much better with InguzEQ.  My listening room really is an acoustic
> nightmare.
>
> What does the big spike at 1.25Khz mean?

Sound only travels around 1.5m in 5 ms, which means (if I understand
correctly what you're plotting) the room should have little or no
effect on this plot.  What you're seeing in the uncorrected plot is the
phase response of your audio system itself (upstream components +
crossover + mechanical phase shift in the drivers).  One of the amazing
things about DSP is that it can correct for that.

I'm not sure why there's that big feature at 1.25kHz - rather than a
peak it actually looks like it goes all the way around through a 360
degree phase shift.  If so there's probably a one-cycle time delay
between frequencies greater and less than 1.25 kHz.  Not sure why the
DSP wouldn't be able to remove that...

--
opaqueice