andy74;228225 Wrote:
> I have just done 10 trials (I am getting tired from 6 already) it took
> me an hour and a half.
> Result is 1111101110 - 8 out of 10 right answers.
> this is my second test. The first one was 7 out of 10 (the first 7 in a
> row).
> After changing the setting I was playing a couple of songs to make
> sure. It takes a while for one trial.

So in the end the total is 15/20?  That's not bad - there's only about
a 4% chance of that happening if you were guessing (by "that" I mean a
result of 15 or more out of 20, or of 5 or less out of 20).  The
weakest test of stat. significance is usually taken to be 5%, so that
actually qualifies.

Are you sure you didn't throw any trials away?  A common error is not
to count some of the results that go against your expectation (that's
called cherrypicking) - because you weren't quite ready, or the volume
was too low, or something.  Don't do that!  It's also a little
dangerous to combine two separate trials the way I did above - if we
just keep 8/10, there's a 11% chance that happened randomly.

--
opaqueice