I use a 33 band parametric equaliser with InguzEQ. This is because I
have a Stereophile test disc with 31 tones on it and an SPL meter :-)
You can enter as many bands as you like into the xml file and it works
- you're not limited to the GUI plugin's 9 bands.

Not ideal - I know EQ does not equal DRC - but it sounds better than
without EQ *overall*. Definitely a stop-gap.

Hugh is going to enhance InguzEQ at some point - there is a problem
with "localisation" of the bands' effects. I think they stamp on each
other too much at the moment. For example, in the bass where there are
wild fluctuations in close proximity it's impossible to get precise
cancellations.

Once this is there, I plan to upgrade my system to get as flat a
response as possible. I imagine the bass will be impossible...and I'll
use the Inguz for that.

I am not embarking on DRC until I can do it only in the bass...and I
KNOW I have a properly calibrated mic. Otherwise I don't see the point.

Standing where I am now, ideally I would use neither DRC nor EQ above
the bass...but I'll test things out when the time comes.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Sony DAS-703ES DAC -> Krell KAV-300i -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system