Phil Leigh;230845 Wrote:
> I find that using the Altmann JISCO+UPCI in-between the SB3 SPDIF out
> and the TACT SPDIF in (and then running the TACT at 96kHz to my DAC via
> SPDIF) gives me what I perceive to be (rightly or wrongly) a
> "jitter-free" sound.

I won't say this works to some extent, but if jitter-bugging were the
subject of this thread, using a dCS Upsampler would seem like the end
of all discussion in what's available on the market today (sure, one
might say the reclocking is just a side product there, but that device
is one hell of a jitter bug all the same). But note that even dCS
recommends slaving the source to the DAC or an external masterclock. As
someone said before, correcting an error is inferior to avoiding it. A
notion with which I tend to agree.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

--
acousticsguru