acousticsguru;230829 Wrote:
> 11.2896MHz superclock from db System only, no other choice. Cost of this
> modification 250 Euros (ca. 356 USD) - somewhat exorbitant.
>
> Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Yes - not exactly a cheap mod. Also, not one I am contemplating at this
time. I find that using the Altmann JISCO+UPCI in-between the SB3 SPDIF
out and the TACT SPDIF in (and then running the TACT at 96kHz to my DAC
via SPDIF) gives me what I perceive to be (rightly or wrongly) a
"jitter-free" sound.

Certainly it doesn't have any "glare" or timing issues that I can hear.
Also it goes loud without fatigue.

YMMV.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)